"Brian Christiansen and I recorded a special episode comprised entirely of questions from our customers. On July 17, we held the UIE Virtual Seminar: The Scent of a Web Page—The Five Types of Navigation Pages. During the seminar, we received far more questions than time would allow answering. As is tradition, we put together this follow-up podcast to answer even more of your excellent questions.
In this episode, we discussed:
* how we determined “failure” and “success” when we studied users
* how our research applies to college sites
* the undesirable trait of pogosticking up and down between levels of pages and why that’s a sign of navigation failure
* examples of link-rich homepages that users love
* why, contrary to popular opinion, users still don’t like to search
In the podcast, we referred to an article we wrote a little while back, called Lifestyles of Link-Rich Pages, which provides more information on long-links and our home page research." (Continued via UIE Brain Sparks, Jared Spool) [Usability Resources]